(This was over the course of a year, I swear! Or was that 365 minutes?) Brooklyn, New York
The things that you try to tell people when you know you shouldn’t have bought something (All in good humor)
10 Reasons You Justify A Purchase
- Time. “I’ll have this replica of Big Ben until my children’s children’s cousin’s ex-wife has children! The test of time….”
- Quality. “But…its four ply cashemere, the other sweater was see-through…”
- “It’s $3 off of $150 for this vial of sand from Egypt! You know it’ll never go lower then this!”
- “In HomeGoods they were $40, but this cute little old lady in Missouri is selling it for $4. You know replica flowered milkcans, theres a lot of details in those flowers….”
- Can’t Find it Anywhere Else. “Where else can I find a pair of earrings consisting of a frying pan and a slice of toast with eyes? Sold!”
- Aspirational Shopping. “I know, I know, I am a size six and these are a zero from 1996; but I went jogging for ten minutes with Jen the other day….”
- Once In A lifetime opportunity! “They never carry vacuum cleaners in pink- who wants boring gray?”
- It’ll go perfectly with…. “Those green burlesque Betsey Johnson pumps I picked up at her Hamptons yard sale five years ago!” and never wore.
- One of A Kind Item. “I’ve never seen a kitty litter box that the cat has to jump into before….mess free! Must buy”
- I’m Indulging My Whims. “Oh, I got a C on that assignment the other day, I definitely deserve this antique Moroccan kohl container…. Oh c’mon! It was statistics!”
So you go on https://www.etsy.com/shop/JaponicaNYC and shop for vintage porcelain items until your hearts content….